This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Monday, May 30, 2011

What a Wordle can teach you about yourself

It's Day 30 of the 2011 WordCount Blogathon. Tomorrow's our last day. We've almost made it. To celebrate the near end, we get a day to play. It's Wordle Day! With Wordles, you get to have fun with words, colors, fonts and more. If you haven't ever tried it, it's just silly fun -- something that definitely fits with my theme this month. It'll open up a world of exploration about your personal preferences, what you like and don't like, why something works for you or not, and whether you'll wind up naming your Wordles. I didn't. But here they are -- my Wordles. Hope you enjoy looking at them as much I enjoyed making them:

This one is based on my blog's URL. Funny how it seems to have captured mostly the words from the posts I wrote about collecting.

This one is based on the magazines and websites my articles have appeared in most recently. I typed in the words, changed the colors and fonts around, and this is what appeared.

And this one is based on a specific post I wrote in the early days of the Blogathon. I had to key the words in myself, however, to get the right words to show up. Inserting the URL for that page didn't work. Anyway, it's about the things that I enjoy doing.

Of all the Wordles I created for today's post, my favorite is the first one. It's larger in density, fills out the space better, and I like the color variation. Can you tell I like blues and greens? I also like the one in the middle, as it highlights my fondness for Arizona. The third one works for me as well, though, because of the colors -- they make me think of the desert where I live.

Did you create a Wordle today? If you did, did that action make you realize you have a preference for certain colors or fonts or patterns? What did you learn about yourself in the process?

3 comments:

Anjuli said...

I like how you had three different wordles and as I looked at each of them- they did 'say' something about you- Nisha had to help me get my clearer- for some reason I couldn't do it clear and it came out sort of fuzzy- still not sure why that was.

Lisa said...

Ohhhh, good for you to be creative enough to do multiple Wordles. They're so pretty, huh? I like the green/black theme. That's what I used when I created mine a few weeks ago. Take care, Jackie.

Tia Bach said...

I love that you did three unique Wordles. I only had the energy to post one today, but I will use it again!