This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Twitter Experiment--10 joy-filled tweets



For the fun of it, I searched the word "joy"on Twitter today to see what would come up. I thought I'd post what I gleaned to be the more interesting tweets, links and tweeps that popped up. So here they are, in no particular order. Maybe you'll find something that interests you here. And maybe it'll spawn a new post on your blog:

~A Bible passage tweet by @SidMohede~
The LORD is my strength & my shield; my heart trusts in Him, & I am helped. My heart leaps 4 joy & I will give thanks to Him in song.
~A quote tweeted by @jeremymriddle~
Know what you carry; the unique gift, expression and heart God has placed in you. Take joy in releasing that sound. 
~An affirmation tweeted by @SweetlyInspired~
I envision a life filled with love, joy, ease, prosperity and health.
~Another Bible passage tweeted by @CastingCrumbs~
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3 John 1:4
~@KurtJacobs tweeted a comment about his day~
Mountain of receipts sorted now. Now have to put damn things into 24 plastic wallets and individual Excel sheets. Joy of self-employment
~@KenKenM is obviously having a good day~
I DID IT! I ACHIEVED MY GOAL THIS SEMESTER :) *tears of joy* Thank you Lord God, with God all things are truly possible
~@Tinkatoonk celebrates a simple pleasure~
Cafe con leche = joy

~Someone started a new business! Congrats @JoyMalone~
Joy Malone Photography is officially official... I am a certified business owner.. :)

~A tweet by @DewiLheea inspired by another~
RT @LOVE_THE TRUTH: Everything in life isn't about winning. You have to find joy in the process. You have to love what you do.
~A book review tweeted by @keithdoyle9~
Read The Complete Joy of Homebrewing by Charles Papazian
BONUS!
~I'll end with this tweet from @PositivelyZen because it promotes my monthly theme the best~
Begin today. Declare outloud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle & eager to learn through joy. [A quote by] Sarah Ban Breathnach
Where are you finding joy in life today? Post a comment below and let me know what you think about these tweets. Is there anything that jumps out at you--what is it and why?

9 comments:

Ms Panda's Blog said...

I especially loved this one:

~A quote tweeted by @jeremymriddle~

Know what you carry; the unique gift, expression and heart God has placed in you. Take joy in releasing that sound.

It reminds me why I do what I do! I am going to go and RT it right now ;)

Thanks for posting your inspiring experiment!

Babette said...

Joy for me these today? Tango!!

Unknown said...

Ms Panda, thanks for RT'ing that. And Barb, are you taking tango classes? How cool! And fun. And definitely joyful. ;-)

Kristi's Book Nook said...

I have done that before, just put in a random word on Twitter. It's really very interesting and I use the tags alot.

Unknown said...

Kristi, thanks for stopping by. What word did you search for on Twitter?

Kerry Dexter said...

"eager to learn through joy" --I like that. although, of course, just as much is learned through sorrow, and sometimes different faces of the same lesson.

Unknown said...

Kerry, you're correct, of course. It's just that this month I'm focused on "joy." That's the theme of the month for this year's Blogathon.

Kerry Dexter said...

and a fine theme it is, Jackie. I am enjoying the different ways you are writing about joy...

Unknown said...

Kerry,

I think that's why I like choosing a theme for the Blogathon. It challenges me to be creative.