This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Blogathon Badge: which should I use?

Welcome back!

Maybe you noticed I've posted another version of the new logo for this year's Blogathon event. I'm trying to decide which one I like best. I'm fond of the rounded edges from Day 1. But I wanted to post this one as well to see what it might look like on the screen.

For today's joyful assignment, I'm asking you to help me pick the best badge. Should I go with the badge I used on Day 1, or go with the squared edges you see above?

It's a simple request, but you'll need to visit yesterday's post to help me decide. Then use the comment section below to post your answer. If you choose the one I pick to post on the right-hand side of the page next week, I'll enter your name in a drawing to win a copy of my travel guide, Backroads & Byways of Arizona.

Hey, that's two fun things in one day! Yes, it's all about joy this month at B.I.K.E. WITH JACKIE. What brings you joy? Helping others? Winning prizes? I hope it's both.

You have to enter to win, so let's see your opinion. Post a comment and tell me which badge you'd prefer on your page. If it's the one I've decided I like best, I'll add your name in the drawing for a copy of my book. You can see the cover on the upper right-hand side of this page. The winner will be notified next week.

10 comments:

Jan said...

I feel like this is homecoming week. It's so good to see you. Would you like to guest post on my blog sometime?

My blog is IMP3RfeCt Mom. They used my website tagline rather than my blog tagline...which I don't have one yet.

Let me know. And welcome back...And definitely the rounded edges badge. Your work is encouraging people to round the rough edges of their life and enjoy life more. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jan,

I'd love to guest blog on your blog for this year's Blogathon event, that is, if you don't have a partner. Otherwise, I'll do it anyway. It is good to be back and to see you here. I'm a bit behind (not on postings but on emails and the listserv) due to my Grand Canyon trip. But I'm catching up and will find out what the details are on this year's guest post day and get back to you on that very soon. Thanks for visiting. I appreciate all my readers. I'm heading your way next. ;-)

Jen @ My Morning Chocolate said...

I like the rounded edges too. I think the softness of that logo is a good fit for your blog because you're focusing on inspiration and joy. Oh, now that I look at Jan's comment, that exactly what she said. So I agree!

Unknown said...

Jen, that's funny. Thanks for the comments. I will be drawing names on Sunday, so hopefully one of you will win. Expect to be contacted next week.

Ms Panda's Blog said...

Definitely round :) I like this contest, very easy! I really like your approach to writing, too! What a fresh, fun and innovative theme you have!
Also, thanks for visiting my blog and suggesting books for me! I am super excited to check them out!
Ok, I think that is enough complimenting for one comment.
Cya soon!
Amanda

Unknown said...

Thanks, Amanda. And thanks for visiting.

Julie said...

Ok, I'll be the desenting vote! While I prefer the round edges as everyone else does in their comments, I prefer the square one's font aligned left. Plus I like how the font on the square one overlays the graphic. Just a personal opinion and apparently the minority opinion, but since you asked and a copy of a free book is on the line here, well.... :)

Unknown said...

Julie,

I always like a consenting opinion. It gives me something more to think about. So thanks for that. And thanks for mentioning my blog on yours. Always nice to get the shout-out.

Jackie

bookworm said...

I like the rounded edges badge for you. And, I think your book would be good reading. I haven't been to Arizona in many years....too many years. Maybe it will inspire me....thank you for running the contest.

Unknown said...

You're very welcome, Bookworm. ;-)