This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th--Blogger's Down and Now Back Up!

Wouldn't you know it? Right in the midst of a blogathon, where participants must blog 31 days for the month of May, my blogging platform shuts down for maintenance. Not only that, but it loses my last post, the one I wrote on May 12. I just checked; it's still missing, not even in the draft form. Wondering if I'll be able to find it on my Twitter page. But then, I'm not sure if I posted the link on Twitter yesterday.

Okay, well, I'm not deterred. I posted my post on Facebook, and just now transfered that over here, back on Blogger, now that it's fixed. Figured that would be any minute now.

Yeah, well, I didn't wait. I took action on my own. Someone suggested starting up a new blog on a different platform, but I didn't want to take that route. It seemed too drastic and distrusting of Blogger, and since I've been using Blogger since 2007 with nary a challenge (save for this one), I put my trust in the program. And it worked. Expect for that missing post. But now I'm back to writing about joyful living, and all will be well.

Positive thinking and all that.

So here's my Friday the 13th post--and a message to you. It's short. It's sweet. It's to the point:

If things look bleak in front of you, look elsewhere--because sometimes we need to be sidetracked.


When we change things up, that's what keeps us on our toes. It's all good. Don't you think?

7 comments:

Jan said...

All in the attitude, all in the attitude.

Unfortunately, I might have been one of those people who were crabby about blogger going down, so this post is a good reminder.

Kerry Dexter said...

oh, I like that. sometimes we do need to be sidetracked.

Tess said...

Great quote today! I so needed that since this entire week has been a challenge. I love your outlook on life!

Anjuli said...

great attitude! I like you didn't want to give up on the blogger- and look it is back up- and look we are on track. It made us all think- rethink- and go forward stronger than before!!

Billie Noakes said...

Great reminder, Jackie, and one I should embrace more! Of course, when life is one sidetrack after another it gets a little ... oh, look!

julie said...

I definitely feel your pain because my blog is on Blogger also! I was a bit "put out" the first few hours it was down, but then got over it and did some chores around the house. I can thank Blogger for a clean bathroom!

Unknown said...

I wasn't too annoyed about that, but I am kinda bugged I have to re-write a post, maybe, and that I have to input updates I'd already inputted on my Clips page. Kind of a hassle. Not that big of a deal. But still kind of a hassle. Oh well. It's the first time anything like that has happened to my blog or with this platform since I've been on it (2007), so it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.