This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BEST OF BIKE WITH JACKIE: Part 1

We're just past mid-way through the Blogathon, and I thought I'd post a few favorite posts, the top five you seemed to like best, based on page views, versus the top five I hope you got a chance to read (actually, it's my top 3 and then two others from last year's Blogathon):

YOUR TOP FIVE

1) Haiku Day! These were fun to write, collect and read and most of you seemed to enjoy them. 
2) My post about the Grand Canyon trip, with a video of me commenting on Lava Falls. Too funny.
3) My first post about my Grand Canyon trip, no video, after I returned
4) The Mother's Day post
5) The Twitter experiment, where I shared links I found on Twitter about joy, my May theme

 MY TOP FIVE

1) 25 Things That Bring You Joy
2) Five Posts of Joy
3) Birdwatching
4) Inspired by Visuals (something from last year's Blogathon you might enjoy)
5) Something from Haiku Day 2010 (ditto)

If you're participating in this year's WordCount Blogathon, posting lists like these offers three benefits, and the three benefits of posting lists are:
  • It gives you a chance to breathe, or take a break, in between reading and commenting on other people's blogs and trying to maintain your own, especially if you're trying to share your time between hundreds of blogs as we are.
  • It presents a good opportunity to remind people of your focus, especially you're theme-minded like me. Readers can get a sense of the greater purpose when they see how your blogs fit together as a group.
  • You can get additional page views for a minimal amount of work. 
So do try this at home on your blog!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So many typos in this post. You're welcome to read right over them and ignore the fact that I missed putting in a few links. Oops! Think I'll experience the joy of forgiveness now.

Anjuli said...

hah- didn't even notice the typos- trying to read blogs as I'm getting ready to dash out the door. Commenting with my one hand- putting on make up with my other! :)

So I love this post- and I think I'm going to 'steal' it!!! :) Great idea!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Anjuli. It's always nice to know when someone wants to steal your work or ideas. Flattering. ;-)

ShanLeigh said...

HI- stumbled upon your site through Radio Nowhere. Great stuff!

Joan Lambert Bailey said...

What a great suggestion! This week has been mad (as you well know), so a list post would be a great way to regroup and catch my breath.

Joan Lambert Bailey said...

What a great suggestion! This week has been mad (as you well know), so a list post would be a great way to regroup and catch my breath.