This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Friday, May 27, 2011

The joy of seeing upside down

What happens when you turn your world on its opposite end? By that I mean, what happens when you are about to create big change in your life? Do you:

a)  hesitate when it's time to make the final decisions?
b)  rush in and make the necessary changes?
c)  research the idea to death?
d)  make the changes when the timing feels right?

I pick d), though, I've been known to get stuck on a) before. And I've definitely chosen c). I've probably never been the b) type. I'm not a person who rushes herself. And that's clear based on changes that I'm undertaking right now.

In the midst of a career shift, I've been challenged by many things it will involve: cost, time and effort. Yet, the time has arrived. I'm ready. It's just a matter of finding the right people to help. I've begun that search already and am starting to work with one of them.

This is both exciting and scary at the same time. It feels like I'm writing my first book all over again. You want to do it, but since it's the first one, you're afraid to screw it up. Since I've experienced this dynamic before, I think that's a good place to be. It means I'm proceeding with caution, avoiding the most costly mistakes. Note that I didn't say avoiding all mistakes. There are never any guarantees where change is concerned. But I'm prepared and preparing myself so I'll be ready to tackle whatever awaits.

Plus, I've experienced enough change in my life that I'm well aware of the uncertainties and how to move past them. That's what the B.I.K.E. is all about. That won't be anything I dismiss in this new life. But I'm working on figuring out how to tie it in. That's also exciting, watching all the parts connect and removing the parts that don't. Stay tuned to see what happens next.

Meanwhile, when you've experienced change in your life, what did that feel like for you? Were you satisfied with the result? How do you see yourself handling change in the future? Post your thoughts below.

5 comments:

Anjuli said...

I will definitely stay tuned ... can't wait to see what happens. Change is so much a part of my life- but still it is difficult with each new change. I think I'm more of a 'b' 'd' person...definitely NOT a 'c' person...I might FEEL like dying with the change...but researching it :) I leave that to my hubby! :)

Julia Munroe Martin said...

I have definitely been all of them -- at different times in my life (and sometimes all at once in my life). I have a lot of trouble making decisions sometimes, and I wil use any method I can to help me reach one!! I really like this post!

Unknown said...

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. Thanks, Anjuli and Julia for joining me today. I love what you said about being all four at once, Julia. It's so real and raw. Anjuli, if you leave the research to your hubby, does he always get it right? Just curious, because I'm such a control freak about certain things sometimes. I would have to be involved in the research if the decision involved other people and myself.

ladymoxie said...

I'm with Julia - I've been all of the above, and in the last year so many big decisions were made. I'm happy with all my choices, but sometimes I feel myself getting grumpy during the growing stages. I know the change will come, but there's still some grumpiness and growing along the way. Thank you for a great post!

Unknown said...

The grumpy phase. Oh, I might be in that one. Read today's post to see what I mean.