This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

25 things that bring you joy

Now that we're settling in to this month's Blogathon and getting the feel for my theme here, let's make a list. I'm going to compile a quick list of things that bring me joy, and I want you to do the same. Take 10 minutes to jot down 25 things that quickly put a smile on your face. Don't think about it too much. Just write what comes to mind first. Here's my list:

THINGS THAT MAKE ME GO: YEAH!

1) spending time with my children (see above picture)
2) sharing a bottle of wine with my boyfriend
3) traveling Arizona's backroads
4) exploring Arizona's historic sites
5) getting things I like or want for free or unexpectedly
6) being brave enough to Hula Hoop in public
7) hiking
8) biking
9) making decorations instead of buying them
10) trying something new
11) jumping on the bed
12) organizing my collections
13) splurging on something outrageous just because I can
14) saying yes to the last-minute trip
15) taking creative pictures of people, places and things
16) painting pottery
17) going to wine tastings
18) meeting new people
19) reading greeting cards at the drug store
20) playing cards with friends
21) signing my books
22) finding new travel brochures I've not yet seen
23) dancing
24) singing Karaoke
25) taking improv classes

Once you have your list--and I hope you'll post it here--see if you can find some common denominators. Is your list more about people, places or things? Now is the time to start thinking about what really brings joy into your life. How much time are you investing in doing joyful things? Maybe this month you'll figure out more ways in which you can incorporate more joy into your life. It doesn't have to involve a lot of cost, if any. What it generally involves is connection.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Jennifer Woodard said...

Jane,

That was a great list and a great way to be thankful in life. Sometimes we forget there are so many things to be thankful for.

Happy blogging,
Jenn

Unknown said...

Jenn, thanks for posting. I'm just now back from a long trip and am playing catch up. I'll visit your blog soon. Welcome to this year's Blogathon.

~Jackie

Babette said...

Jackie, I won't list 25 things but I CAN list one thing: your blog! Your blog gives joy!

Unknown said...

Barb, you're so sweet. Thank you. Your blog, too. All that good food, recipies, and those eatilicious photos. Joy!

Kerry Dexter said...

'What it generally involves is connection.' a good reminder, that.

Unknown said...

Kerry, I'm fascinated that you would catch that. That puts another smile on my face. Thank you.