Today is the first "theme day" for this year's blogathon. The group (more than 150 bloggers, I understand) is supposed to write about "five favorite books." Since my theme for the month is about joy, today's post features five favorite books that bring me joy. In no special order, they are:
1) Holy Bible (King James version, because I like accents, and this one lets you play around with that)
2) Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein (because I love his fun-loving, childish poetic voice)
3) Backroads & Byways of Arizona (because I wrote it, duh)
4) Anything written by Edgar Allan Poe, but mostly the short story, "The Fall of the House of Usher," (He's the only "mystery" writer I've ever enjoyed. His words keep me on the edge, and I love the imagery. His work brings me joy to the extent that it works my imagination--always a good thing.)
5) The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron (just read muy blog, and you'll know why)
What are your top five?