This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Monday, July 14, 2008

When you need to ask for support

A few days ago, I posted about the importance of jumping right in there with your ideas. Well, I did it! I just volunteered to present to a group of pre-retired folks. The opportunity presented itself, and I thought, Why not? So I came up with a speech topic, a title, and I know exactly what I'll say. Most of it will come from a story I wrote for Arizona Highways more than a year ago that just appeared in print this past May. I'll use that as the basis and incorporate additional stories that I have on file. I'll use what I learned in Improv class to add a touch of humor and expect the presentation to be light-hearted, yet educational. Plus, I think it'll fun to hear.

Please wish me luck in getting the job!

Whenever you find yourself doing something unexpected that you'd really like to do, be sure to ask the universe for support.

I think it helps. And since I only have a week to prepare, I think I'm going to need it.

All my best,
Jackie

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Break a leg, Jackie!

Andrea

Unknown said...

I got the job, Andrea! I've got my work cut out for me now. Yikes and yippee, all at the same time.

Jackie