This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blogathon Day 2: Food for thought

It's only Day 2, and I'm just starting to dig in to the 250 or so bloggers involved in this year's WordCount Blogathon, but already I'm seeing variations of the BIKE. To give you other ways to process the philosophy, here's more food for thought. Remember, I told you we'd get to know the other bloggers through BIKE WITH JACKIE. I wasn't kidding.

A short curated list for you: 

To be your Best self, access your Inner strength, and to develop those Killer instincts, you may need to learn when to let go -- What does that look like? Lady Moxie gives you an idea from her yoga class.

You use your Expressive voice not only when you stand up for yourself, but also when you can laugh at the oddities of life's everyday moments -- or the not so everyday rewards. At Still Living the Dream, we learn this because of a winning outfit. Prepare to smile if you read this one.

Holding yourself accountable also works wonders when on the mental BIKE ride. You'll find a great example of this over at Let's Walk and Talk, where blogger Glenneth Reed composes her list of things she's expecting to accomplish in 2012 -- and admits what she hasn't yet begun. She put it out there for all the world to see, and that will help her progress. That's also about being your Best self. You don't have to do everything right. But you do something.

One step at a time, and you'll get wherever you're going. It's about moving forward.

What have you committed to act on today? To help hold you accountable, you can post your comments here.

8 comments:

Marijke Vroomen-Durning said...

Hmm, that's a good question and not an easy one. I'm not sure. I'm operating on automatic pilot this week because I'm still in post-conference mode. I'll have to think about this. Good food for thought.

Sheila Callahan said...

Jackie, I LOVE the idea to committing to an action publicly. I pledge to take care of three assignments I'm working on and to get out for a BIKE ride.

Jennifer Patrick said...

Jackie, your blog rocks and I'm loving you for sharing my blog post with your readers! Thank you so much!! I'll be back to visit often. Glad to have joined you in the blogathon this year.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Marijke, Sheila and Jennifer for stopping by. I hope I have enough inspiration to last a whole month! Like Marijke, I'm feeling a post-conference drag. But, like Sheila, an assignment awaits and must be completed by Friday. I look forward to your return visits.

Jennifer Patrick said...

I just signed up to receive your emails through feedburner. Look forward to following you!

Anjuli said...

what an excellent way of going over the BIKE idea by showing examples of how each part is showcased-- WONDERFUL!!

Babette said...

So glad we do this. I love your blog...I need the habit of visiting more often...which I will do this month, for sure. Thanks for always thoughtful, inspiring posts.

ladymoxie said...

Jackie - thanks for the mention. I really loved you post. So much inspiration I feel already, and it's only day 2! Can't wait to see what I feel like on Day 31. ;)