This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A mid-blogathon recap


If you missed the first posts to explain what's going on this month at BIKE WITH JACKIE, let me explain. I'm involved in a blogathon with several other bloggers--all writers, most of them I know from a site called Freelance Success. You can link to the entire group of participants just by clicking on any of the blog names on the right, under the heading "May 2009 Blogathon."

This one is my fourth blogathon since I started blogging in 2007. For this event, we've upped the participation a notch, are talking a lot about it on Twitter (You can search #MayBlog2 to find out who's posting what and where.), and we're incorporating a Guest Blogger Day. That takes place May 21. Be sure to come back and support my guest blogger on that day and post comments to get some dialogue going. We love visitors at BIKE WITH JACKIE!

In the mean time, I thought I'd use today's post to recap what's going on here, specifically. First off, I decided to use a theme for the Month: Fresh Start. For that, I've chosen the month of May to share with you what I do to steer my thoughts--and actions--in the direction of what I do to get unstuck and keep the momentum of forward movement going. Even when a ride is not possible on the road. For me, the ride is always possible inside my head. I know it can be the same for you. Here's how (If you've missed these posts, or want a refresher, click on the links to read more.):
  1. When you are in healing mode, look for the beautiful things in life to guide you, to set your mind at ease.

  2. Let the unconditional love of family fuel you in your endeavors.

  3. Use artistic expression to feed your soul, motivate your creative genius, and help you you reach your goals.

  4. Stretch yourself by doing what's outside your norm; take the road less traveled.

  5. Surround yourself in nature's beauty.

  6. Look to the lighter side of life for that sense of relief from what ails you.

  7. Food fuels you, of course, but too much of it can weigh you down. Eat light and healthy.

  8. Delays in your schedule can appear to be a set back, but not if you take charge of those delays by making the necessary calls and rearranging your mindset.

  9. Be mindful and willing to embrace new opportunities, especially if they are your "pipe dreams" that arrive serendipitously.

  10. When you get stuck, it helps to help others who are in greater need.

  11. Sometimes your mind needs its own "interior" design work. Recharge it with color, texture, sound and scent.

  12. Get help when you need it. Find a partner to work with you, share with you, laugh with you, and cry with you, if that's what it takes to keep moving forward.

  13. If life gets too tough, loosen up and go find a place to play.

  14. When stress blocks your progress, take a time-out.

For the rest of the month, I'll be posting more tips like these. But if you'd like to add to this list, please do. I welcome your comments.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hello, fellow Blogathoner. I appreciate the tips and I really enjoy your posts. Look forward to reading more.