This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Monday, May 31, 2010

What inspires you now?

We've just spent an entire month together, thinking about what inspires us. We've covered such things as:

_The more than 100 bloggers who showed up for the Blogathon this year

_Freedom

_Humor

_Quotes with meaningful messages

_Plants in your garden and/or nature

_Other people's advice

_Long walks near water

_Mothers who have overcome parenting challenges

_Your artistic self

_Signs that direct you where you need to go or to do what you need to do

_Color

_A spiritual journey

_Haiku and other poetic verse

_A messy desk, office or home

_Playful behavior

_[fill in the blank with your own ideas]

The point of this exercise was to focus for the month on a single topic: inspiration. By doing that, it should be clear to you that inspiration is everywhere you look. If you open your eyes, if you are prepared to see, if you are ready for the big reveal, it will appear. Inspiration is there for the asking. It is there for the taking. It is there when you need it. All you have to do is be a willing participant.

Are you?

On your own in the months ahead, make it a point to track how often you notice that which inspires you. I bet you'll be able to double this list in no time.

And now that the Blogathon has ended, I hope you plan on returning to visit me regularly at BIKE WITH JACKIE. I'll be here. Maybe not every day. But I'll be here every week, thinking of ways to inspire you to action, thinking of ways to help you connect with your true self--the one who is aware of what it takes to be your Best self, use your Inner strength, listen and respond to your Killer instincts, and speak up for yourself with your Expressive voice. On this BIKE journey, we focus on moving forward, and you're always invited to join the ride. Come any time.

7 comments:

Babette said...

Thanks for this, Jackie...I have a feeling I'll be revisiting many of your inspiration posts in the future, if only for the reminder that it's there--I jut need to notice it..

Something I came across (wish I could remember where, but very likely because of the blogathon) was a photographer saying the difference between someone taking a picture and becoming a photographer is that the photographer stops the car (did I read this here on Bike With Jackie???)...so that's what I aim to do because of the exercise of blogging every day...besides improving my photography, I will stop the car to notice life, too.

Unknown said...

Barb, I read that comment recently as well. I don't think it was here. Maybe another of our blogathoners? It's a great line" "Stop the car." And take notice. Thank you so much for this comment.

Kathleen Murray said...

Jackie,

Well, I know I'll be coming back to BIKE again and again. Thanks so much for all your support during blogathon,and the continued inspiration I find daily on these pages.

I like that photographer quote. It was funny how my camera actually came out for the first time in awhile during these 31 days.

As to what's inspiring me now, I can think of two things: community, that's a big one, and the power of words in my life. This whole adventure was a good reminder of those.

Anjuli said...

My relationship with God- It never ceases to inspire me to fully comprehend that His mercies are NEW every single morning...a clean slate...a fresh day and the strength given to make it through!

Unknown said...

Anjuli, He's something not to take for granted. I've always liked the idea of a clean slate.

Amrit said...

I reached to your blog through Anjuli. Read some posts, this one is the best so far or let us say "inspiring".

Unknown said...

A., thank you for visiting. Come back and browse around. The search box on the opening page allows you to search for more information. If you're interested in my BIKE philosophy, you can search specifically for the lessons themselves. Just type in BIKE Lessons, and you'll learn more about it.