This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Friday, May 9, 2008

What inspires you?


As I was reading and surfing through the many blogs I posted yesterday--I still have many more to visit--I was inspired by the photographs. They represent individual inspirational moments, such as the one here (It's a photograph of a foggy morning at the top of Mt. Graham in Safford, Ariz. You can barely make out the road below.). Even the picture I saw of a single sunflower is the mark of someone's inspirational moment. You see a moment in time, no matter what or where it is, and something about that moment speaks to you. You take a picture. It's a beautiful thing. I own boxes and boxes of inspirational moments like this.

If I were to take a moment and write a list of what inspires me, not necessarily represented in a photograph, here is what my list would look like:

_red hibiscus blooms
_the gardenia plant at the front of my house
_my son
_my daughter
_the fountain that refuses to work in my front courtyard
_the restaurant on the top of the hill that I can see from my office window
_books about writing
_other people's memoirs
_my own life story
_my dirty car after a road trip
_hiking trails
_my bicycle
_the image of a bicycle
_the canal bank where I sometimes ride

And my list would go on and on.

What insires you? Today, take a moment to write down a few things that really make you think, make you want to act, make you want to live your life differently. I think you'll surprise yourself.

All my best,
Jackie

No comments: