This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do you see what I see?

I've been traveling around Arizona for the past few days, driving through a region that was once a favorite of the late Western author Zane Grey. I wrote about him for a magazine called Valley Guide Quarterly.

I've been to something called the Tonto Natural Bridge--believed to be the largest natural travertine bridge in the world. We had a picnic lunch where Zane Grey himself probably once stood as well. He wrote about this place in his novels. The cabin where he came to hunt and fish and write was built not too far from here. It was burned down several years ago in a forest fire but was rebuilt in Payson. I'm not sure if we'll get a chance to see it, but I'd like to. If not this trip, I'll be back.

This week, I've also been to the Mogollon Rim, which I'd only seen from afar while in Sedona. I'd only literally seen the rim from canyons down below and also from a helicopter ride above. And I've been surrounded this week by the world's largest stand of Ponderosa Pine trees in the White Mountains. I am amazed at the beauty that I am seeing on this trip. I'm heading next to the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert. I've seen neither before and am looking forward to both.

This was my dream to travel all over the state of Arizona. I hadn't yet taken the time to do it. I finally decided if I could sell a travel guide, it would force me to follow my dream. And I was right. So here I am, traveling the state of Arizona, one road trip at a time, to see what beauty awaits me out here in the wilderness and beyond. It's even better than I imagined.

I have a lot of writing to do when I get home, but it's happening. I'm making my dream come true.

Now that you've thought about yours, are you thinking about the steps you could start taking today to make it happen?

Please do.

Jackie

No comments: