This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Roses, watermelon and other things spotted on the road

A flower for you for St. Patrick's Day?

Oh, but not just any ordinary flower.

This one's a watermelon flower, carved by a Food Network champion and chef, Ray Duey, at an event that took place in Yuma, Ariz., where I graduated high school.

I went back last weekend to attend Lettuce Days and discovered this man at a booth carving fruit.  I thought it was fascinating and worth sharing with you in my comeback post.

I've been on the road so much lately that it's been next to impossible to post anything, and when I would sit down to think of what to write about, nothing came to mind that I thought I wanted to say here. I just wanted to rest. And so I did.

But I'm back.

I'll be writing about my travel adventures in the days ahead. They've taken me north to Canada, South to Guatemala, and parts in between. For the first time in my life, I even tried snow shoeing. I'm in the process of contemplating what all this travel and all of these new sights and sounds I've seen and heard meant to me, or what I've taken away.

Which begs the question: In your own travels, what have you learned about yourself? We'll be talking about that in the months ahead. I hope you'll join us.

No comments: