This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The impression a sky makes

Today I woke up to a cool, crisp Sunday morning. Standing in front of a window, concentrating on work I have to do this afternoon, I nearly missed the view. Even though the shade was open at my Arcadia door upstairs in the loft, even though the sky was right there in front of me, I nearly missed it. I had to take a second look.

And there it was.

That open desert sky. The one with the purple, blue and yellow layers of color, cloud puffs off to the side, palm tree outlines in the forefront, mountain ridges in the distance. It's a lovely sight, and I nearly missed it. I had to take a second look. I'm glad I did. I'm glad I noticed. It's etched now in my brain, those colors, that vision. It took my breath away, just for a second. And I was reminded that you can't see beauty if you don't look.

"It's a beautiful day," I'm thinking now, remembering the words Bono sings..."don't let it get away."

No comments: