This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Enlightening visit

I've been having very successful BIKE coaching sessions with a client who I am so impressed with right now.

She's been making progress each week, and we're in our third month right now. She did feel the usual resistance coming into the fourth or fifth week. But despite that, what really strikes me is her eagerness to achieve. She'll get stuck on something, but she'll still persevere. She's not fully aware of her strengths and weaknesses yet, but she's picking up on them--and mostly on her own, which I love to see happen.

We are all given tools to continue our personal growth, but we don't always use them, or know how to use them or where to find them. But once all of that becomes clear, I say, "Watch out world! This is going to be a person who makes a difference."

That's what I think is going to happen very soon with my client.

Then again, there are those of us who stick with the status quo and are okay with that. They should be--it's a personal choice.

On the other hand, when you do seek assistance--and we all need assistance in some way or another at some point in our lives--it's good to embrace it, to be patient and see what happens, to find out if there's something in the learning that can benefit us.

Ultimately, this will prove to be true.

For those people who think they are not coachable, I say, "Not so." To me, that implies you cannot learn. I don't believe that's correct. What I believe, instead, is that perhaps you're just not ready or may not feel the need for the growth you have may have attempted to seek. Or, maybe the "fit" isn't quite right. Whatever the reason for continued resistance, it is good to listen to it, to pay attention. That is the healthy thing to do.

And there's never anything wrong with changing your mind. I like a person who can decide on something and realize later that it's not quite what he or she wanted and decide to make another choice, instead. That's personal empowerment, taking care of yourself, seeking what will work best in your life.

So I'm really impressed with my client. She's a doll. She's funny. She's smart. She's got great ideas. What I want for her is to be able to appreciate all that she has to offer herself. I think that's always the goal with this BIKE philosophy of mine.

There's so much to learn when you look within. That's what the BIKE is there for, to remind you of your gifts, that everyone has the capacity to be their Best self, that they can access their Inner strength, that when they pay attention to their thoughts, words and actions, their Killer instinct will kick in, and that when they need help of any kind, our own Expressive voice waits for the call.

I absolutely believe in this. If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to share it with others, nor share it with you.

Have a great day. And if you get the chance, visit me also at The Phoenix Traveler.

All my best,
Jackie "The BIKE Lady" Dishner

No comments: