This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Monday, June 4, 2007

Miss me?

Maybe you've noticed I haven't posted in a few days. I've been busy with deadlines and preparing for a BIKE presentation that I just gave on Sunday. That was two hours of telling my story and audience interaction and discussion; the program ended with me getting lots of hugs from my audience members. How empowering is that?! I was humbled and so joyful.

I left the meeting room feeling particularly proud of myself and happy that I have a message to share that can truly inspire.

It's a great illustration of the ability to turn a negative into a positive. We all have the power to do that for ourselves.

I hope you've been thinking about your BIKE -- the vehicle that will move you past whatever pain you might be going through.

I've been talking a lot about BIKE in the past few years. It's become such a part of my life. Without it, I'm not sure I'd be selling to the national magazines. I'm not sure I would be traveling as much. I'm not sure my life would seem as full.

Becoming aware, paying attention, living consciously -- all of that will occur more and more as you ride. Trusting those gut feelings helps us make better decisions that allow us to experience life in an exhuberant manner.

Wouldn't it be great if you could feel joy despite the sorrows? You can. It's the law of life, the yin and yang.

No matter what is annoying you today, or grieving you, or causing you pain, think about what also gives you joy. If you're not already doing so, start keeping a "Grateful" Journal. A friend of mine gave me such a journal when I was going through my divorce. In it, I wrote down ONLY those things for which I felt grateful. I filled the pages with grateful thoughts. If you do the same, you'll be surprised how your attitide can change after just one week of this practice.

Today, think joyful thoughts.

All my best,
Jackie

1 comment:

Jennifer Willis said...

About six or seven years ago, I began a bedtime gratitude practice.

As I'm getting ready for bed, or sometimes sitting in the dark after I've crawled under the covers and turned out the light, I count off at least ten things that I'm grateful for that particular night. I call it my "good things today" list.

This has gotten to be such an integral part of my process of winding down from the day that I have difficulty sleeping if I get distracted and forget to do my nightly gratitude list.

:)

-- jennifer willis
www.ravenwald.com