This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What puts a big smile on your face?

If a guy like this one came up to you with a tray of refreshing drink samples -- with a smile that stretched clear across his face -- you'd smile, too! Wouldn't you? 
I snapped this photo on a recent trip to Antigua, Guatemala. This guy was handing out these drink samples in a coffee shop. And his smile never stopped. Be still my heart, because he's just gorgeous, and I wanted a piece of that. So I asked him to pose for me. And who would resist taking a sample? Not I. Thank you very much! Was he enjoying his job? He sure looked like it. A manner like his is contagious -- as well it should be. 
It's why I took a moment to write down what Chip Conley, founder of the boutique hotel chain Joie de Vivre, said about why he named the company after a phrase that means "finding joy in everything you do. He said, "I'm a Type A guy, so I'm constantly moving. But I like to ask myself, 'Where's the joy in it?'" Exactly! Conley's line reminds me of the gorgeous guy I captured on camera in Guatemala. Clearly, he's found the joy in a simple job. And I'm sure he knows that big smile of his makes the tourists feel special.
People like the drink guy and Chip Conley understand the importance of a joy-filled life. They get what really matters. We can learn from them, which is why I ask you to take a moment today to think about:
What puts a big smile on your face?

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

You know what really puts a smile on my face? Interacting with smart, creative people. I love participating in conferences and seminars, love learning things, love sharing my knowledge.