This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Change will do you good, Part 2

As the weather cools down in Arizona, it's like spring cleaning around here. Every now and then, you gotta change things up, move things around a little, rearrange. So that's what I've been doing. It kind of goes with my branding work--still in progress. And, yeah, my house could use some of this as well, but I'm focused on the blog at the moment. Rather, I'm focused on figuring out how to make it more useful.

So I have made some changes. Not to the home page, really. But to the extra pages. Since I don't have a JackieDishner.com Website yet (though I do own the domain), I thought I should continue trying to make this place work as my main sales too. And what I'm mostly done is rewrite the extra Pages. If you have a minute, I'd love to get your input on what I've done. You may notice that I dropped the Travel Blog page, since the owner of that blog isn't really doing anything on it anymore, and it seemed pointless for me to continue writing for it. So that's gone. Yet, you can still access it via my Clips Page. The remaining three Pages I'm using more carefully to sell my services as a speaker, writer and consultant.

I'd really like to know what you think about my "Hire Me" titles. As I understand it, you want to make things clear on the blog. So that's what think I've done.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Please excuse the couple of errors in the above copy. I'd change it but then decided not to. I know they're there. Maybe you can find them as well. If you do spot them, go ahead and read right over them. ;-)

Jennifer Fink said...

Hi Jackie -- Can you change the font/size/color of your Hire Me titles? I read your post, but it took me awhile to find the links to the other pages. I'm used to looking on the side of blogs, so I checked there first. I didn't even see the Hire Me links until I looked very, very carefully for them -- and I think you want people to notice them!

Unknown said...

I think it has a standard size, Jenny, so I don't think I can change that--unless I want to reformat the whole thing. I get a new blog designed once I've finished all my branding work, so I'm working with what I have. I'll go see if I can change those settings, though. I probably should have directed people up there to the top of the page, huh? Thanks for reading. It's been a while since I posted. I've been on the road so much lately. It's good to be home.

Unknown said...

There! I did it again. I changed those page titles at the top of the page. Experimenting...