This blog introduces you to my special brand of BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head. It's about ATTITUDE, not exercise, though that might be a side benefit.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

5 confidence boosters and where to find them

To finish off your week, here's a list of five confidence boosters. Can you relate?

_When a stranger writes to you, relating back to you kind or flattering words about something they read of yours or heard you say, that's a surefire way to validate what you know.

_When a friend asks you for advice, that's a pretty good measure of their trust in you.

_When someone buys what you're selling, that's a good sign you've got something they like or want--even if it's simply your charm.

_When your business buddies invite you to their weekend retreat, that's their way of saying they want to get to know you better.

_When your adult child says, "I'm proud of you, mom," that's the best confidence booster I know.

Embrace these moments every time they come. They are the unexpected gifts that deserve to be stored somewhere safely, recalled again and again, as often as needed.

Do you have any confidence boosters of your own to share?

6 comments:

Kerry Dexter said...

I do, actually. as you know, Jackie, I write a lot about music, and it means a lot to me when artists take the time to say things like -- you really get it, you really listen, you really understand what I'm doing.

also liked it when a friend who is also a musician said off hand that coming across my byline unexpectedly always makes her smile.

another one, said by a freind who is both a musician and a minister, when I was discouraged and thinking I might have to give up what I am called to do "you have gifts, and your gifts are not an accident."

needed to remember these just now. thanks.

Anonymous said...

When you complete a job or task that was challenging and do a good job. When you hear about people buying your books

Unknown said...

Kerry, I think the holidays are a particularly good time to consider our inner gifts. Hugs to you.

Brette, yes, I love when someone recognizes I've done a good job for them. It makes it all the more worthwhile.

Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell said...

When your book goes up in the Amazon.com ratings. :) Silly, I know, but after 4 years, I still look at them every once in awhile!

Sarah E. Ludwig said...

I always feel a confidence boost when one of my kids says, "You're the best mom in the world!" I figure I can't be doing too badly if they, particularly the 11-year-olds, still say that. ;)

Also when people ask me for parenting advice, which happens quite a bit with my friends and family. Not that I'm by any means an expert, but I must be doing something right.

Unknown said...

Sarah, what about when your blog gets nominated for "Hottest Mommy Blogger"? Now THAT'S gotta be a confidence booster! Just saw that on you blog. How cool!